I have an idea — a revolutionary idea!
Instead of making a New Year’s resolution this year (since there is a pretty good chance that you won’t follow through on it anyway), how about starting a New Year’s REVOLUTION?
Here’s a revolution for you: If you currently use exercise as a way of punishing yourself, how about finding a form of movement that you really love and pursuing that instead?
And what about this? Instead of believing that your weight is a measure of self- worth, how about realizing that it is just data that says nothing about the kind of person you are?
And what about pausing to question whether you are physically hungry before you eat? And finding peace with the fact that true, healthy change happens slowly?
What about letting go of the idea that “my life will be completely different when I lose (insert number here) pounds”? There is no magic number!
Maybe instead of whispering hateful words about your body and the way it looks, you could try remembering facts like this instead:
- There are up to 100,000 miles of blood vessels in an adult human body.
- Your nose can remember 50,000 different scents.
- Nerve impulses travel to and from your brain at speeds of up to 250 mph.
- When you blush, your stomach lining blushes too.
- The human brain can read up to 1,000 words per minute.
- Human bone is as strong as granite.
- In one day, your blood travels 12,000 miles around your body.
These amazing things are happening inside of your body right now! We owe our bodies a ton of gratitude, regardless of what they look like.
How would it feel to honour and nourish your body into change? Being kind to ourselves doesn’t mean that we can’t improve our health and wellness, it only means that we acknowledge where we are starting from and move forward from a place of kindness. And wouldn’t that feel revolutionary?
Start an amazing journey. Talk to your FM coach about creating your own New Year’s Revolution!!