I have an idea–a revolutionary idea!
This year, instead of making a New Year’s RESOLUTION (that is probably not sustainable anyway), how about starting a New Year’s REVOLUTION? Try some of these revolutionary ideas on for size!
· If you currently use exercise as a way of punishing yourself, how about finding a form of movement that you really love and pursuing that instead?
· Instead of believing that your weight is a measure of self-worth, how about realizing that it is just data that says nothing about the kind of person you are?
· If you usually eat without thinking about it, how about pausing to question whether you are physically hungry before you eat?
· Let go of the idea that, “My life will be completely different when I lose (insert number here) pounds.” There is no magic number. And then, find peace in the fact that true, healthy change happens slowly.
Maybe instead of whispering hateful words about your body and the way it looks, you could try remembering facts like these instead:
· There are up to 100,000 miles of blood vessels in an adult human body.
· Your nose can remember 50,000 different scents.
· Nerve impulses travel to and from your brain at speeds of up to 250 mph.
· When you blush, your stomach lining blushes too.
· The human brain can read up to 1,000 words per minute.
· Human bone is as strong as granite.
· In one day, your blood travels 12,000 miles around your body.
These amazing things are happening inside of your body right now! We owe our bodies thanks, regardless of what they look like.
How would it feel to honour and nourish your body into change? Being kind to ourselves doesn’t mean that we can’t improve our health and wellness, it only means that we acknowledge where we are starting from and move forward from a place of kindness.
I’ve been where you are. I know there is a really strong pull at this time of year to jump on the latest quick-fix diet, but please pause and consider this: Your body deserves better. Your body deserves sustainable, healthy change that you can imagine yourself still doing five years from now. Would that feel revolutionary?
Book a needs assessment with one of our FM coaches and see for yourself how different this journey can be. You deserve this. Create your own New Year’s Revolution today!